A first-hand account of the fallout from one drunken summer night in July 2005.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Rage

Well, after I got home from work last night, guess who was there, again. That's right, ole' Bitch herself. I didn't even have my shoes off, and she's in my face, asking me "what happened last night?" When I asked her what she meant by "what happened?" she replied with a cold "Everything." I looked around, both of my roommates, Drew, Brad's sister (a.k.a. Bitch's partner in crime) were all sitting in the kitchen, all looking at me. I literally felt like a deer in the headlights. Really, nothing had happened. We left the bar, talked for a few hours, and I dropped Brad off. That was it. Bitch says, "Well? What happened?" I just looked at her and said that nothing had "happened", I drove him home, and I came home and went to bed. Then she asked what took 3 hours, and I pretty much ignored the question. She wouldn't leave me alone, so finally I grabbed my keys, and before I stormed out the door, I made sure I had her backed into a corner.

"You have some fucking nerve coming into my house and talking to me the way you have been lately. And I'm starting to get really sick of it. I really don't give a shit what you want to say about me behind my back, but this is the one place where your little attitude gets checked at the door. That's my rule, and that goes for everyone. Anyone who doesn't like that rule, there's the door. And as for you 'crashing' here whenever you goddamn well feel like it, this isn't a fucking hotel. You have your own house, stay the fuck there once in awhile."

So then, she said something about her not coming to visit me, she was here to visit my roommate, and she could come and go as long as it was okay with my roommate. So I turned to my roommate, who is usually pretty opinionated, but had (wisely) kept her mouth shut. I asked her whose house this was. She said "Yours". I asked her whose name was on the 60-some mortgage papers that took 2 hours to sign. She said "Yours". So I turned and looked at Bitch again, and said "Guess who sunk themselves thousands of dollars in debt so he could have a nice place to live? Me. I guess that means that I make the rules around here. (roommate) and (rommmate) have no problems here, we get along great, things go pretty smoothly, so really it seems that any problems, past present or future that come between me and them, is a direct result of you sticking your goddamn nose in where it doesn't belong. I suggest that unless you want to be blamed for them having to find another place to live, you quit what you're doing right now. And don't think for one second that I'm half as pissed off now as I will be when you drive a wedge between me and my friends like that."

And with that, I blew past her and slammed the door on the way out. I got in the car and drove around up town for awhile, and headed home when I saw her car sitting at a restaurant in town. When I got home, I apoligized to my roommates, saying that I wasn't going to kick them out, and I wasn't in any way mad at them. I just told Melissa that she had to understand how Bitch was acting, and as long as she wasn't in my house, I had no control over what she says, but I won't put up with that here. Melissa agreed with me, and everything was cool. Other than that, I had a pretty normal night. I searched for tax receipts, to no avail, but ended up finding a lot of crap that was saved for some unknown reason, and now I have 2 empty drawers in my dresser.

Today, I find out that Brad didn't come home last night. He was apparently just as mad at Bitch for all the things she's been saying, which is fine, but it's now 4 p.m. and no one has heard from him yet. So I can't help but be a little worried. I KNOW he was drunk, and on his snowmobile last night, and that he has a hockey game at 7:30 tonight. So I'm going to wait until then, and if he doesn't show up for his game, I guess the search is on. No one, and I mean NO ONE else is worried whatsoever. I dunno, maybe I shouldn't be either. That might let him know that I'm not the one who's going to come running every time something happens. But, like I said, I didn't ask for any of this to happen. I didn't ask to have these feelings, nor can I do anything about them. They're there, so I guess I need to be there too. Hope he's alright though. You'll know either way by tomorrow.

--> (Follow Up): Brad had ran into his uncle at the bar, who in turn took the key to his snowmobile and forced him to stay the night at his house. He had called Brad's mother to let her know, and she has a poor habit of not sharing information with anyone. So he was okay after all, and not really "missing".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home