A first-hand account of the fallout from one drunken summer night in July 2005.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Catch-up

Wow. It's been one week since my last update. This whole "no-computer-at-home" thing is really starting to get to me. Hopefully by next week, that will all change...

Not that I have much to talk about, I'm an accountant for chrissakes, my life isn't that exciting. Okay, well, it's not that bad. Through the week, I pretty much just work, go home, sleep, go to work. There's nothing to do around here at night, through the week. We actually went bowling last Friday night. Bowling. Which was alright, but the music. GOD. I'm talkin' like 1995-1998 dance crap. You know what I mean, like Whigfield, Puff Daddy (no, not P. Diddy, PUFF DADDY) etc. I felt like a real ass when they started playing stuff from 2001. I graduated in 2001, and back then, thought that year produced the best music that would ever be made. So I'm listening to "Be Like That" by 3 Doors Down and thinking "damn, this song came out FIVE years ago. I graduated FIVE years ago. That's half a decade. I'm turing 23 in a month." and for the rest of the night, that's all I could think about.

It just seems like yesterday I left high school, and this stupid town. I moved 2 hours away, and started a (supposed) new life. All I did was take my old life with me and was miserable the entire time. I wasted the best part of my youth (the part when you can actually get away with just about anything) by trying to look and act older. Now that I am older, I want to be 18 again. I couldn't get over where the time had gone, and what I had "accomplished":

- Started, and almost immediately quit, college, because I didn't want to be broke all the time
- Moved my girlfriend in with me, proposed to her, watched her move out, and now we don't speak at all, even though we live 15 minutes apart, work in the same business, yet still despise the sight of each other
- Bounced around about 4 dumb ass jobs
- Came out of a car crash almost completely unscathed, that I probably should have died in
- Bought a house
- Gradually became less terrified of people finding out about my "alternate lifestyle" even if it is only "half-alternative"
- "Fallen in love" with my best high-school buddy, whom I never thought was into guys, but is

The latter is definitely the biggest moment I've experienced in a long time, even surpassing me buying a house. I put "fallen in love" in quotation marks, because I'm still not 110% sure that I AM in love with him. It feels weird. I knew when I was in love with my ex-girlfriend, because I could see us getting married, having kids, all that junk, but it's hard to picture that with another guy when you don't want a long-term, same-sex relationship. Which I don't, I just like hookin' up with guys. I can't see myself finding a life partner, and growing old. No offense to anyone who does want that, it's just my personal preference. It's just whenever I see Brad, I "feel" that way. I dunno, whether you understand this or not. It's confusing. Moving on,

Brad's girlfriend is a B I T C H .

Well, not really a big surprise, because she's always been a bitch, but I really hate it when people are so shit-eating nice to me to my face, but say awful, horrible things about me behind my back. Trust me, in a town this small, everything gets around faster than the speed of light. She is so paranoid about Brad and I being alone together. Not even "alone" together. She hates it when he and I are together anywhere, if she's not there to supervise. I mean, yeah, I'm having a gay love affair with her boyfriend, but she has no solid proof of this.

Example: A family-member of Brad's passed away recently. I called Bitch to ask what time they were going to the wake, so I could meet them and walk in with them. She said, "Oh, I'll call you when I find out, promise..."

So I go to the funeral home anyway, and wait. I'm there about 20 minutes, when her car drives in. They park beside me, she gets out and can't even look me in the eye. Brad gets out, and says "I thought you were supposed to call before you left home? You could've just come in our car." I just looked at him, and looked at Bitch, and he nods. "I'm just about through with that bullshit" he growls quietly to me, grins, and we walk into the wake. I decided to take the high road, and just let it go. Not as if this was the first time she's done something like that, and it certainly won't be the last. Fuck her.

(haha, sidenote, she got shit-faced at the bar the other night, and in an effort to burn Brad in front of everyone, sat on my lap and said "Wow. Maybe I'll just go home with you tonight (meaning me) and we'll see what you can do for me. God forbid I get off once in awhile..." and everyone just kinda laughed it off and kept talking, but the look on Brad's face was priceless, as I'm sure mine was too... Brad said later the next day, about how funny it was, once back in high school, Brad and I didn't get along for a few months, and this was when they started dating. At one point, he thought she was cheating on him with me, and it took a drunken fist fight to get that all straightened out. Now the tables have turned, and she thinks I'm fuckin' her boyfriend. Karma, or something like that...)

So that brings us up to now, I guess. The weekend was fairly un-eventful. Watched "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose" Friday night, that was a waste of $4. But I watched it at Brad's house, and Bitch had to leave early to pick her brother up somewhere. More about that later. It was creepy (what happened to me and Brad, not about Bitch and her brother). Went to the bar Saturday night, spent little money, drank way too much. I love it when people who owe me money always show up at the bar when I'm thirsty. Went to a SuperBowl party last night. I hate football, but I always watch the SuperBowl. Mostly just for the commercials, and there weren't even that many good ones this year.

I'm gonna quit rambling now. I'll try to get my sexy/creepy story typed up tonight. If not, sometime tomorrow for sure.

Later

(P.S. - Now that I read over this post, I realized that I started typing it last Friday, Feb 3rd, and finished it today, Monday, Feb. 6th, so really, this kinda skims over the last 2 weekends. Sorry for being sloppy. I'm working on keeping up with my posts a little better. I'm new at this, bear with me guys!)

2 Comments:

Blogger DEREK said...

hope you get that computer in your home soon! I know it's hard to go without it.

10:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST TO SAY:
- HELLO !!!!!!!

11:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home