A first-hand account of the fallout from one drunken summer night in July 2005.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I miss my friend...

So, once again it's been a week since my last post... Kinda happy to say that I (somewhat) talked to Brad since I last posted. Sunday night, I was at his house visiting his sister. When he came in from hockey, I was on my way out to go home. He was standing on the doorstep having a cigarette, and I was almost to the car, without saying anything before I realized that I was being a little childish. So I grabbed my cigarettes off my passenger seat and walked back to Brad. We stood there for a few minutes in complete silence. At first it just seemed like neither of us had anything to say, but the longer it went on, you could feel the tension growing. Finally I had enough and said
"You know, it's been almost 3 weeks since we really hung out like we used to before."

"Yeah I know." He said quietly.

"So... what's gonna happen there? I called you I don't know how many times, and you never called back. And what was with the other day when you just stared at me like you didn't even know me?" I asked him.

"I dunno, I was just in a weird mood that day, honestly I didn't even realize it was you until I drove away" He said, somewhat un-convincingly.

"Oh... Well, I hafta go home." I said as I started walking towards the car. "Give me a call sometime this week when you have some time" I said kind of accusingly.

"Yeah I will. I promise." He said, then started walking towards me. He got close enough to me that he could talk in a loud whisper. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't even realize it had been this long. I'll call you this week, I promise. I have to work tomorrow and Tuesday, then Wednesday and Thursday nights. But after that, I'll call you." I can honestly say that his eyes had some sadness in them. He started to lean in to kiss me, then stopped when (we both) realized where we were, even though it was dark. He grabbed my hand for a quick second before he turned and headed back to the house.

I didn't even care if he kissed me or not. I could have cared less that he even grabbed my hand. Sure, I wanted to bend him over the hood of my car and fuck his brains out; his tight fuckin' ass looked WICKED in those jeans, and he'd just played hockey for 2 hours, so I knew damn well what he smelled like, and that alone was driving me mad for the 5 minutes I was standing next to him. But really, when it all came down, I just really missed my best friend. Not my fuck-buddy, not this guy that I think I'm falling in love with, but my best friend. So now it's Wednesday night. Brad's working, along with tomorrow night too. So I guess I'll just have to see what happens after that. Hopefully something good. At this point I'm open to anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rian said...

I know how it feels when you miss your best buddy. I hope you two will stay best friends.
I'm reading your blog for many weeks now and I really love it.

5:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home