A first-hand account of the fallout from one drunken summer night in July 2005.

Friday, July 29, 2005

My new house...

So yeah. I bought a house this week. Buying a house is stressful. I have a couple of friends moving in with me, along with their 2-year-old son, so we had to build a third bedroom for the little guy. The contractor started yesterday, and I never dreamt that my nice, perfect little house would be transformed into a freakin' war zone in a matter of 8 hours. I went in after work last night to lay some tiles around the fireplace, and there were massive piles of broken lumber and sheetrock everywhere. Walls were missing, in front of the bathroom door was a pile of sawdust at least 6 inches deep. I knew all along that when you alter the layout of a house, it gets messy, but this was rediculous. Fuck. I'm so tired of talking /thinking/whatever'ing about this house.

I should have taken vacation from work this week, but I didn't. I've worked here for a year and I've never taken any time off. The time has come. Couple a weeks. I'd LIKE to get in my POS car and drive somewhere for like 2 weeks, just by myself, take a breather. I've always wanted to drive Route 66, but man, do I ever not live anywhere's near there. I dunno. I'm just so tired right now, the coffee isn't working. At least it's Friday. And a long weekend. Hopefully, there'll be some sex and booze mixed in there somewhere. No drugs tho. I'm not into drugs. As far as the booze goes, I can buy that. Sex, I like to refrain from paying for sex, as long as I can help it...

BAHHHH I'm going mad. I need more coffee. And a smoke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home